DFG FOR 2333 - Makromolekulare Komplexe in der mRNA Lokalisation
- Sprecher: Professor Dr. Dierk Niessing
- Einrichtung: Biomedizinisches Zentrum, Lehrstuhl Anatomie III - Zellbiologie
- Förderung: seit 2015
The FOR2333 Research Unit on mRNA localization consists of multidisciplinary teams covering the areas of cell biology, RNA and protein biochemistry, genetics, bioinformatics, and structural biology. Together the teams aim to integrate recent technological and conceptual advances to understand principles of gene regulation by directional mRNA transport and local translation. We aim to answer the following questions:
- How is specificity for mRNA localization achieved on a molecular level?
- How are multiple mechanisms of translational repression coordinated to achieve efficient silencing of transcripts during their transport?
- How and why are mRNAs tethered and actively co-transported with endo- membranes?
Quelle: GEPRIS, Website FOR 2333